FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:24 pm
mnscout

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by crimson12
I'm talking off the top of my head but (if you were able to get in on this deal) might be a good transition card. Around July 2011 a lot of people got the Amex Plat with the 100k signup bonus. If you canceled that card when the fee renewal came up, you could sign up for this card with no annual fee and still get the incidentals credit and lounge access. (Benefits not quite to the Amex Plat level but pretty decent.) When this card comes up for renewal you can cancel it and go back to the Plat -- as I understand it, if you haven't hard the Plat card for 12 months you can get the signup bonus again. So it will "tide you over" between Plat cards for a while with decent (though not identical) benefits.
Well, you don't really need to wait a year, you could sign up for Amex Platinum Mercedes Benz with identical benefits and do it right away. Granted it's $25 more, but there are some Mercedes goodies, as well.