FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:43 pm
GetawaysRus

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
Does anyone here have the Citi's Premier card CHIP and Signature version?

So far I have not had any issue travel aboard without the CHIP card as long as we plan ahead on certain needs (such as fill up gas tank before the weekend, have enough changes for the toll, etc.) But I figure I would order one as we may need to do some train travels and the Kiosk would be friendlier with the CHIP card.

I requested one a few days ago via secured message and got a reply back that they are sending me one, but they also mentioned they ordered a PIN for me,,, I thought the US version of CHIP and Signature Card does not use PIN?! The PIN is only for the cash advance at the ATM?

You dont really use PIN with a US CHIP and Signature card, right?
Citi is getting us all very confused. I was on the phone yesterday with a Citi rep about my (newly acquired) AAdvantage Chip and Signature MasterCard.

I had called to ask about the PIN for this card. But 2 Citi reps (one in India, and then confirmed by a CSR in the USA) have now told me that the Citi AAdvantage Chip and Signature card does not require and indeed does not even have a PIN associated with it. Yes, that is indeed what they said...