FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:17 pm
HongKonger
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I would imagine the overwhelming majority of Kettle flyers aren't Amex holders. I don't think it has one thing to do with another. Kettles will buy the low fares and pay to talk to someone, pay to sit in an aisle, pay to check their bag, pay to board early, pay, pay, pay. Right now many silvers and golds will pay LUT fares which make the company very little money, and absorb all the benefits set aside for those that are contributing to the real revenue line.

We can go in circles for days about this. WN is already there - it is strictly revenue-based. They are all going there, my friend. It is just a matter of time.
Yes but this change won't affect kettles. It will affect people who flew enough to be FO or maybe GM on cheap fares, probably required to be purchased by their employers. Those people fly a lot and will happily get an AMEX for $95 a year which pays for itself after just 2 RTs in avoided bag fees.