FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:23 pm
TeamInTheSky

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas2012
There is no underestimating the sheer incompetance of Delta's IT department so I am not surprised that this is occuring. However, while I am not a computer type, I find it difficult to accept that a random bug that follows a perfectly logical and consistent mathamatical model (earning multipliers divisible by .25). Why not LUT = .168256? Maybe some IT types on here can speculate as the the probability of this...
Hi All,

This is my first post on this website, and I look forward to future discussions. As a little background, I am an American living in London and am a DL Silver (will be Gold this year) all on personal travel.

As I found myself booking a flight this afternoon:

LHR ATL AVL
AVL IAD
DCA JFK LHR

and it was kicking out around 4000 miles earned 2400 MQM, I was obviously a bit disconcerted. I phoned up Delta and talked to four very nice representatives. They confirmed that while there has been a mileage accrual change, BUT booking from Delta's website should not trigger the knock-down in miles. The decrease comes from Unpublished fares (more below).

To further what InVinoVeritas said, I would speculate that this is an IT error. It would seem (on September 1) that "Unpublished Fares" saw a huge reduciton in value in LUT fares. It says specifically on the DL's website, that "Unpublished Fares" do not include fares booked on DL's website or through a reservation agent.

My guess is that someone accidently applied this to all fares instead of ones primarly booked by travel agents and other bodies that get these "Unpublished Fares" rate.

Regards,

Team

Last edited by TeamInTheSky; Sep 5, 2012 at 1:29 pm