FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doha (QR) Connection from/to other Star Alliance Carrier to QR
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:56 am
tomnativenewyorker

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
If......you IAH-DOH is on time, and DOH-DXB is on time it shouldnt be a problem.

If......the bus makes a trip to the arrivals building before the premium terminal, I would be sweating it a bit on the bus like I did back in July.

If you pay attention and follow the arrival instructions if you never been to Doha, you should be OK.

There should be two seats on the left side of the bus facing towards the right directly across the door, sit there and make sure you are the first off going into the premium terminal. A QR rep will look at you next boarding pass and tell you to hurry up if it is going to be close.

After that, you will need to pass through security and if you already have the items that will set off the metal detector in your carry bag you shouldnt have any issues. Never once had to take my laptop or ipad out of my backpack, and they dont make you remove your shoes as a general rule.

Too bad you dont have enough time to really enjoy the premium terminal if you havent been there before. If they cant get you on your connecting flight, I dont see them having any problems getting you to Dubai and giving you a chance to check out the lounge.