FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most annoying EK passenger you have seen?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:48 am
whimike

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Indelaware
If the pax is getting a tan that mean the sun is up outside so one should not be sleeping. One best deals with jet lag by sleeping when it is dark out and being awake when the sun is out. Moreover, it is rather assumptive to think that the pax is simply getting a tan. Perhaps she is enjoying the beauty of the sky, watching other flights, or fighting off claustrophobia. Most annoying are those pax who presume about others, who judge others, etc. So often they only reveal their own petty elitism and general insecurity.
When flying from the SEA/SFO/LAX to DXB you fly right over the north pole. In the summer this means that the sun is up nearly 24 hours a day, and therefore no matter what time it is, for a good part of the flight the sun is out. Per your advice nobody would ever sleep on these 15 hour flights.

The poster was clearly joking about the passenger wanting to "get a tan", yet you, with complete seriousness, respond that it is assumptive to "think that" as the passenger may have been "watching other flights". I would be concerned about the sanity of anybody that watches out their window looking for other airplanes.

You end by stating that most annoying to you are pax who presume about others. Do these pax presume and judge out loud so that it is an annoyance to you on the flight? Or, do you get annoyed looking at a pax thinking that they may be judging somebody? I am just curious how you go about getting annoyed by something that typically isn't noticeable or visible, yet you get in a tizzy about people that get annoyed by actual physical actions that can generally be classified by most people as something that would cause physical annoyance.

Lastly, I don't think someone that wants to be able to sleep, and finds a passenger that keeps their window open annoying, is guilty of "general insecurity" or "petty elitism". Suggesting so is rather silly. I think it is much more simple than that, I think they simply want to sleep.

Last edited by whimike; Sep 5, 2012 at 1:15 am