FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or did some award levels recently change?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:33 am
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by nfg05
I think everyone (even DL) can agree that notification should be provided for a change like this. I have to believe that someone just dropped the ball/thought someone else was taking care of notifying customers.
You all seem to be forgetting the golden rule that DL (and every single other carrier) imposes on its frequent flyer program:

Program Changes and Termination
Delta and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules, benefits, regulations, Travel Awards, fees, mileage Award levels, and special offers at any time without notice.

Excerpt from: http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ules/index.jsp

You've been :-:enhanced:-: and DL has absolutely no legal requirement to notify any of us/you that they changed the award mileage levels.

You can argue "why" but you won't get an answer to it straight from DL. It's their choice to piss off customers by not announcing the changes and then letting customers stew about it on community boards.

You also have to wonder why DL doesn't pre-announce these changes. If they want to get more miles off the books for each ticket booked why not announce it a month in advance? I'm willing to bet you'd find a lot of tickets booked in that 30 day ramp up period as everyone buys their tickets "on sale".

-RM