FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going to Belo Horizonte & Rio, need advice
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:28 pm
rc89pl

Going to Belo Horizonte & Rio, need advice

I'm going to Belo Horizonte in a few weeks with my girlfriend and I'm planning a 4 night trip to Rio de Janeiro. I haven't picked a hotel yet, but looking at something for about $100-150/night. Found a few hotels, but was hoping I could hear some recommendations where and what to book. Looking to stay near Ipanema/Copacabana. Perhaps there are some inexpensive quality hostels that you could recommend?

Is it worth taking a rental car for a few days, or is it better to just take a cab to Corcovado, Leblon, Maracana and such. How's the parking situation? If I should do a rental, where should I look?

Recommended places to see and restaurants to eat at?

Last question: Since it's my first time visiting South America, I wanted to experience even more, and I was planning a trip to Buenos Aires. I found a deal on groupon for 2/3 nights with a flight, but now I can't seem to find one that departs from Rio or Belo Horizonte. Has anyone used that deal? What's the best/cheapest way to get to Buenos Aires? I noticed hotels are really inexpensive there, compared to Rio.