FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:36 pm
LIH Prem

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Most of the problems I've read about in the AA forum (I don't fly DL or UA) with Pre failures have to do with names not matching properly with Global Entry. While I have GE, I don't use that in my profile, and I think that is what has made it work properly for me.
As far as I know, that has nothing to do with the randomness that's supposed to be part of that program. The randomness is part of the "properly working program". You are probably talking about the first part, getting the code into the barcode. It's the 2nd part that is random.

Q. Will participants know in advance that they have been cleared for expedited screening?
A. No. If the agency determines a passenger is eligible for expedited screening through TSA Pre✓™, information will be embedded in the barcode of the passenger’s boarding pass. TSA will read the barcode at designated checkpoints and the passenger may be referred to an expedited screening lane.

TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening.
http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/faqs.shtm

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 4, 2012 at 8:42 pm