FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:36 pm
flaii

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
FYI, the airport shuttle just outside of the hotel is only 130 CZK. When I took it yesterday, I was the only passenger! I read there might be some cheaper shuttles (~60 CZK) which may explain the lack of passengers, but I didn't bother to investigate since this was just out the door and I was on a tight schedule.

I just completed a 3 night stay here, and overall had a good experience although there were some concerns.

The big plus was the friendly and helpful staff in the Executive Lounge in the morning. Especially the lady who works there in the morning (sad I did not get her name! could be Tereza? That was the name on the business card at the desk) Not only did she make tea and coffee for the guests, but also dealt with making tour reservations at the same time, and even remembered my name from booking a tour for me the day before. It was nice to chat with her about my day, and for her to give insights into the city from a local's perspective.

The location is excellent - just outside of Old Town, easy walk from the main train station, and next to/on top of the Náměstí Republiky station for the metro and a lot of different trams. I considered the "other" Hilton in town, but I was quite happy with this location.

Room and gym were pretty standard.

For me the minor drawbacks for me was that the Lounge was always crowded, and the first evening and morning breakfast I had to share a table with other people. When I asked the next day if I could take breakfast in the restaurant, the front desk said that since they were full, the restaurant would also be crowded. While most of the front desk staff were nice, I thought the service was not as attentive as I would like, e.g. when I asked for a city map, I was just handed one over the desk, like "here." In other hotels, I know the staff would at least open up the map and point out where we were located.