FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:51 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Good Morning All from southern Louisiana!

As you probably are all aware, we are currently experiencing the effects of Hurricane Isaac. LFT, BTR and MSY are all closed to commercial air traffic at present and I think GPT and MOB are closed as well. The storm is forecast to pass very close (if not directly over) LFT this evening. We are expecting wind gusts up to 75 mph and perhaps 10-12 inches of rain. The big problem here is the fact that Isaac is moving very slowly, so we will be subject to extended tropical storm force weather conditions, perhaps lasting into tomorrow as well. miniliq, I hope you and your family are doing fine over there in the MSY area! We have prepared the best we can here and my electrical generator & chainsaw are both ready for action. The last time we had a similar storm in LFT was Hurricane Gustav some years ago. Lots of trees down in that storm and no power for several days. Fortunately, I've got a very serviceable IPA iced down in an ice chest so I'm prepared!

Updates to follow and perhaps some new questions as well later today as long as the power holds out!

Cheers and wish us good luck!