FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EHD swabs and "false" detections
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:15 pm
FliesWay2Much
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gsoltso
Cross contamination is probably something that happens, it would be impossible in a checkpoint setting to completely prevent it. We have training on it regularly to keep awareness up. The enviornment is probably responsible for some cross contamination as well, the air quality and dust levels in the checkpoints are miserable at most locations I have ever seen.

The swabs function just as they are designed, as a media to collect things, they are quite suited to that purpose.
Gee, the price we pay for the really tough job you have is simply to accept lots of false positives. And, it's just the nature of the business, because of the really hard job of preventing contamination, that We, The People, are immediately suspected of being a terrorist and have to accept being intimidated into a private room where our genitals are cupped with the front of the hand and every piece of carry-on luggage examined. Simultaneously, of course, we are interrogated as to the nature of our travel and all of the details.

How can you sleep at night; or, don't you care?

As for me, I want our country back.