FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous things your company has done to reduce travel expenses
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:07 am
medic51vrf

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Originally Posted by ryanbryan
I sincerely doubt this was what the poster was suggesting.

In any case, certainly the ATO (Australia) also has per diem/reasonable allowance rates for reference purposes that many Australian business refer to, and perhaps many other countries also have the same.....
Agreed. However, the point I was making (as an American dual national who has lived on 4 continents and worked on 6) is that many Americans are incredibly "Americocentric" and think that EVERYTHING relates to the USA, even on the WORLD WIDE web. It doesn't.

One example was the one I made regarding ALL companies and the IRS. Another example would be of a friend of mine from Arizona who recently proudly said he was going on his first "foreign" trip... To Hawaii!!!

There's nothing wrong with how things are done in the US (in general) but they are exacly that- how things are done IN THE USA. However, there are another 195 (+/-) countries in the world who do things in their own way.