FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A-List attainment recommendations
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:42 am
shadrach

A-List attainment recommendations

I've recently started flying infrequently out of MDW to local markets (OH, MI, MS, etc) with an occasional flight out west or down south.

At my current level of travel I would have no problem attaining A-List status over the course of 12 months, but since I just started traveling I won't make it on flights alone in the remainder of the 2012 calendar year.

If I want to get status for 2013 and not start over again on Jan 1st are my options limited to buying the remainder of points (guessing $150-200 worth of points)? Or are there other options available to help close (or eliminate) the gap before the end of the year? I see this thread suggests car and hotel rental but my corporate system does all the booking for these and I'm not sure if I can earn RR points without booking them through the SW site manually.

Also, do the 50,000 bonus points from getting a RR Signature Visa card apply towards status attainment, or are these only points towards redeemable flights? (I've read through the FAQ and a couple threads but still can't find this one item called out specifically).

Thanks