FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - what happened to the big/nice UA planes for transcon routes?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:53 am
WhiteOut

Programs: HH Diamond, Emerald Club Exec Elite, Air-Kayaker (former United MP)
THIS!

Originally Posted by flavorflav
To those of us who fly mostly on regional equipment, this is like reading people argue over brands of top-shelf booze. I'm happy to get the occasional CR7 instead of the usual ERJ-145.
Holy crap these people would die if they earned status the way I and my regional brethren do...(segs not miles).

Yesterday ROC-CLE-IND was a pair of Q200's (No air until well into flight). At least i get to choose 4D.

The run before that (IND-IAD-BDL) was a 170-145. The 170's are like a dream come true...E+ row three really not bad for non-F seat...big legroom and large underseat storage under the last F seat (actually more legroom than an F seat).

I have noticed I am winding up on the Q200s more and more...not so bad in winter but in the summer...just bring a towel...real great in dress clothes...

granted, on the longer flights i do seek out the routes with larger planes. but to me, E+ on a 170 row 3 is comparable to F on a 319/320, especially if it means i have more options to get my butt home asap.

the 1-2 times/year when I head west on a 319/320...it's nirvana! I guess the way i look at it is, will I remember that crummy seat 5 years from now? the whole domestic air travel scene is nothing more than glorified greyhound bus these days...and i feel that way about all carriers...i flew them all just a couple years ago before going solely on UA (based on routes to my destinations -- pre-merger). So just get me there and back...low expectations, just give me my points so i can use em for vacation, and on to the next task...