FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:36 am
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by golfingboy
My Timeline...

7/30/12 pm- Requested for my personal code via UA.com
8/1/12 pm- After realizing that UA's system was having a little issue processing the notification email for when the code is ready, so I went to UA.com and my code was there. I did the GOES application that night.
8/7/12 pm- Received conditional approval and scheduled my interview at EWR on Aug 18th at noon.

FWIW, for NYC based customers or those connecting via EWR, Aug 18th is WIDE open.

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Did my "interview" at JFK today. Took a grand total of 10 minutes and got the application status change email several minutes later.

Pleasant experience ^

Thank you UA! ^
I used GE for the first time last Tuesday, smooth sailing. Also received my GE card in the mail yesterday and it came directly from the JFK office.

It took me a grand total of three weeks from submitting my application to receiving my card. Very impressed and I would highly recommend the JFK office if you can make it work ^

About time I see our tax dollars being used effectively, which is probably the only department in the entire DHS that is well run. Now about that TSA.....