FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does FT "attitude" drive newbies to blogs?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 8:44 am
jjmiller69

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by jaymar01
This is exactly why I've always contended it should be moved off Flyertalk entirely. The attitude frequently spills over to the Mileage Run board.

Moreover, the hostility between the posters on the two boards is palpable. Have you ever seen the sniping that goes on the Mileage Run board between the two communities when fares are posted without the YQ? [redacted]
I'll agree, 99.9% of FT'ers want to help others. Some times it sounds like people are short, but usually it's because someone wants a quick answer with out any effort being put into it. Most of us learned by reading, reading and reading. I just had one were I pointed out to a ft new poster that the answer was 3 posts above his? I tried to do it in a helpful way and hopefully he got the message to read the thread a little before posting. Also some people are very knowledgeable about a subject and I've seen them post many times the same answer to 10 different readers who missed the first 9 answers. I thank those people because they helped me alot when I started here and I got the message.