FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Mexico City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2012, 4:49 am
ORDMD80

Programs: SPG Platinum (Lifetime Gold), AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by abk
Driving to the burbs to see your customer in Mexico should be challenging, may take a lot longer than you think and be fairly risky. To me that doesn't sound like a really good plan. You might think about a hotel close to your customer during the week and then either the W or the 4Points for the weekend. If it's your first time try each as the neighborhood where the W is, Polanco, is really nice.
My offices are in Santa Fe and Interlomas, which are not near the city center. They are also incredibly boring areas. I still stay in Reforma at the Sheraton. Normal "safe taxis" are very cheap. Hotels will often offer car service, which is nice, but they are also at US prices usually. I don't (and wouldn't) drive, but I would take a taxi each day. Plan plenty of time during rush hour and have patience. For me the extra time and cost is well worth being in an interesting neighborhood at night. The W is very nice and staying for the weekend is a good idea, too.