FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KVS Availability Tool
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:47 am
lkar

KVS -- not sure this is entirely an appropriate question for you, but if it's an issue you've come across and have any ideas, they would be most appreciated.

The issue is searching for IB award availability bookable with partner (e.g., AA or BA) miles. "Amadeus: Awards/OneWorld" often shows availability that cannot be seen by using "Amadeus: Awards/BA -- OneWorld". Similarly, "Galileo: Availability/ETR" seems to show award booking classes ("U") that cannot be seen either using "Awards/BA -- OnewWorld" or when calling AA. I think that availability shown using Galileo Availability largely tracks the QF.com search and Awards/OneWorld, but actually not always.

In the Qantas forum, I posed a question about whether the QF inventory was phantom inventory, and they responded with speculation that IB is coding its awards to only be sellable for certain points of sale -- making it available to Australia frequent fliers, but not American or British. I have no idea if that's correct. It's a bit hard to get hard data by calling AA because it's so time consuming, but it's pretty clear that AA and BA do not see all "U" award space that KVS sees in Galileo.

So, long winded windup, but do you have a sense of which KVS search method is best to find inventory that has a good chance of being bookable using AA miles?