FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connections through Madrid Airport
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:27 pm
Reifel

Originally Posted by miikkak
You might want to think twice whether to throughcheck the bags to Jerez. The old terminals are used only by airlines which don't have very little to do with Iberia, all oneworld carriers and airlines codesharing with oneworld are using T4. As a result the risk that your bags don't make it is quite high, especially considering that the terminals are quite far away (10-15 minutes by bus). However, if you throughcheck them, you will want show the bag receipts at IB checkin (wouldn't be a bad idea to doublecheck at the gate).
That's a good point. If you have time and not bother to trek from one Terminal to the other with your bags, then it would be a good idea to retrieve them and recheck them yourself.

That said, it seems to work. I flew with TAP from MAD to LIS and next to my check in counter was a men which arrived with IB and had his bags in transit. The girl at the check in desk had to call someone and while we were on board waiting for the last passengers to board I saw a car arriving from far away and just deposit 2-3 bags while everything else was loaded. Guess these were the bags, however better have time and better let the agent at check in know, since she seemed to coordinate that at first.