FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:19 am
ok2uselane

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by coeur 05
Please advise: Was booked SFO-SIN in O class, received email from United of time change and equipment change(aircraft changed from 777w to a-380) I was downgraded to Business class although I had confirmed First class, called United and they said there is nothing they can do? Business is better than economy considering how hard it is to get availability on Singapore.

United claim it is not their fault, its Singapore, I told them I just want what I booked, I did not ask for any changes, therefore they need to honor the contract which was made 6 weeks ago.

thanks for any insight, much appreciated, once again Thanks to the op for letting us know about this once in a lifetime .
I hope that your call to UA didn't jeopardize your suites class status! All it takes is an agent (especially with the new UA) that changes you from R to I, and you're screwed!
Furthermore, I hope the agent you talked to didn't send a note to IT... That could jeopardize all of our R tickets!