FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:37 am
No Clue

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by martino
Many thanks. i was told that the upgrade is at time of reservation. Is that wrong?
I haven't been successful getting the upgrade during the reservation. Most times, I have skipped the benefit and paid full price for a suite with club lounge access. On a recent trip however, I reserved the basic room and was planning on using one of the club upgrades. When we checked in, I asked for a suite upgrade and was told none were available (even paying the extra rate). My family came to the decision to move to another hotel. When I informed the front desk manager that we were leaving, she arranged for us to move to a suite with club lounge access for the same rate as the basic room. Great service obviously but unfortunately it isn't something you can plan on each time.
The frustrating thing about the card is I know it would only take a couple of minor tweaks to the program to make it very useful and it would come at no financial harm to the RC. Allow the club level benefit with a suite reservation or other upgraded room and I would be happy.