FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are United Club Agents No Longer Able to Assist With Rebooking/Ticketing?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:25 am
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by hobo13
Add me to the list. I had a major irrops in April. The mini-T7 club at LAX gave me a lecture about 'how they don't do rebookings, because they need to take care of paying customers.' (Still not sure how I wasn't a paying customer, LOL)

And this was at 10PM, so it shouldn't have been all that busy. In the end, they did rebook us -- it took about an hour (seriously, no joke, no exaggeration) because there were 3 of us. So yes, it does take forever, and yes the clubs don't have enough staff. But it's still ridiculous. I asked them 'what exactly would I be paying for with a membership?' I guess some people really like carrots.....

So my view is that most former RCC's will rebook you. It was their job. You are more likely to get told to 'go to the CS counter' by a CO agent. To me, this is a big reason why I like to stick to PMUA hubs, and I can imagine that might persist for the next 5-10 years.
I notice from your profile that you are 1K. 1K's are out. If you fly once a year on a k fare and have a Chase card, then you're in. They need to save time for those premium customers, not lousy over-entitled 1K's.

Seriously, though, at most RCC's I've been to, there is a desk to check-in at the RCC, and that desk is naturally busy checking people in.

But, there is usually a second desk, with 2-3 agents, and the sole purpose of that desk is to deal with travel issues.

So, I don't understand this logic that those agents are too busy to help. What else are they supposed to be doing? I thought that was the sole purpose for having that desk with those agents?

This year, I'm "in" RCC for free, with the 1-year Chase card offer. In previous years, I paid with miles. I won't pay cash for RCC. Not worth it.