FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are United Club Agents No Longer Able to Assist With Rebooking/Ticketing?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:20 am
Passmethesickbag

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
If the reports by channa and AD are correct, this is a serious concern. I know in May, I was able to get rebooked by the agent in the United Club in AUS during IROPS and I've always viewed the availability of agents who can help with rebooking as a major value of club membership.
Exactly. I think Smeagol will find that a lot of people weren't paying for UC membership mainly because of the chic design, the plentiful toilets, the delicious morsels, the dialup-speed WiFi, the charming bar staff, or even the mice. Granted, the days are long gone when one could just walk straight through security to the airline club with one's carry-on and check in, but we can do that online or with our phones today. But a major remaining reason for many was the ability to bypass the lines to CS in the terminal and get your reservation sorted out by an expert with a minimum of waiting. If that is taken away, the inevitable result will be decreasing revenue through club memberships.