FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gaming hotels and smoke
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:39 pm
indyscott

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Originally Posted by wasabiontuna
Was referring to this discussion regarding "travel agent" (FHR) rates and comps. I imagine I'm better off taking the credits/benefits anyway with a low level of play.
With the $ amount you stated (+/- $1K) and the hotels you are considering (Wynn, City Center, etc.) you are probably right in assuming minimal potential to get rooms comped. Go for whatever benefits you can get up front.

I agree with the sentiments stated here - the newer the better for smoke avoidance.

Also, one unsolicited comment... It sounds like you are planning on focusing your time in one place during your trip. To me, the most interesting thing about LV is the variety and volume of properties. Since, as stated earlier, comps (the primary reason for concentrating at one property) are not really in play, why not bounce around a bit and enjoy the different properties? If smoke is a significant concern, there are many places where you'll be "safe" - the Forum Shops, Bellagio fountains and conservatory, Venetian canal, etc. and most of the gaming floors in the higher-end properties are very well ventilated.