FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: AA SJC as Hub/Focus City, AA growth, new flights, etc.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:58 pm
danielonn

Speculation: AA SJC as Hub/Focus City, AA growth, new flights, etc.

I think it would be wise for AA to add flights to SJC-JFK, SJC-MIA,SFO-BOS with a 6:00 AM 9:00AM 12:00PM 3:00PM 9:00 PM and 10:40PM flights etc.

I can see AA putting their new Airbus flights from SJC to cover executives who do not want to drive up to SFO and suffer weather delays at SFO.

I think AA could really make SJC another focus city or hub and upgrade their LAX flights to mainlie flights and return SAN flights. Also AA could add more DFW flights return the CDG and LHR flights.

SJC is not what it was in 2008 they are more travelers flying out of the new terminal at SJC and there is potential for SJC expanding the terminal once passenger demand is at the levels as set forth by SJC.

SFO has fog issues and weather issues for a lot of the year and AA has had to divert flights from JFK to SJC. SFO already has Virgin so even if AA moved at least some of their operations to SJC that would be great.

I was once on a JFK-SFO flight that was fogged in and we were circling the bay and had to fill up at SJC and wait on the tarmac. I asked the flight attendant if I could deplane since I live 20 minutes from SJC and she said no due to security issues. Had AA had the SJC-JFK flight that they had years ago I would have booked on it.

I would much rather fly to London or Paris from San Jose since its close to home etc.

SJC has a campaign for more flights and I think AA could feed off the Hawaiian flights to Hawaii as codeshares and they have Alasaka Airlines to Hawaii as well for codeshares. Even if AA shifted their Eagle flights to Horizon Air or started mainline flights to LAX as opposed to the ERJ without WiFi they would be doing well.

AA could take after Lufthansa and offer complimentary coffee in the gate area for transcon flights, offer complimentary alcohol to all passengers on these flights. They could design a premium lounge area as part of the gate area for all transcon passengers with a section for First and Business passengers.

SJC has the new terminal and more passengers want to fly out of SJC rather than SFO. You have access to lightrail, Caltrain the VTA 10 flyer. SJC could work with Caltrain to operate a baby bullet Airport train that only stops at Milbrae and Palo Alto to Santa Clara Station where a special Caltrain Airporter bus with a guaranteed connection to the train that waits for the arrival.

Whats your take?