FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel to view the Chicago Air and Water Show
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:27 am
MissJ

Originally Posted by legalalien
You might also consider reserved spots at either Castaways or Bravo Zulu Lounge in the middle of North Beach. Not quite as comfortable as your own hotel room, but the view can't be beat, the crowds should be tolerable, the places have a/c and they serve beer.

Bravo Zulu Lounge was new last year; I'm not sure if they'll set it up again, but the prices were quite reasonable, under $100 if I recall correctly for open bar and a buffet.
Old thread but I just wanted to thank you again for this suggestion. Castaways ended up being perfect. Walked to Castaways and started the morning with mimosas in the shade. No sunburn or sand in my shoes.

We did have an interesting view from our balcony at the WA yesterday afternoon as well. We couldn't see the planes as they were low to the water but as they went up high for the acrobatics and circled around the city, it was pretty awesome. A side view of some of the acrobatics was actually very impressive.

So it worked well. Ended up easily staying in my favorite Chicago hotel and enjoying the air show with no hassle.