FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Booking Aeroplan Reward Tickets Involving Turkish Airlines
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:08 am
Markam

Programs: AA Platinum; UA Gold
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Do not think we dont believe u..............

I mean many of us have experienced something weird with Aeroplan redemption before.....

Like Mrs GHT was noted on the manifest as an airline employee (hence always get served last) or I was flagged at FRA on SQ because my ticket was not valid (but my previous segments on SQ were fine).

Interaction wise it will always be multi-sided, we'll never know the truth.
I know, I know, and in any case, it is good to be skeptical, and I am the first one to acknowledge that the story is very bizarre, it is just because I was there that I know for sure that it is unfortunately true. What I meant in one of my first replies is that concededly perhaps there are some circumstances about, say, the private life of the supervisor, which I don't know and what may have made her be out of her mind that evening. However, it would take a lot of "bad days" to justify all the instances of rudeness that we found, not to mention not following the standard procedures in case of overbooking (giving options, informing about compensation, etc.). It may be bad luck, but it was the only example of TK quality that I had, and being so appalling I do not think anyone will blame me for not taking my chances again with them, and for advising not to book with them if other options are available.