FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta slashes mileage earning on unpublished and group fares: 01 September 2012
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:06 am
sxf24
Suspended

Originally Posted by sethb
I do not care about your probability. What matters to me is what happens with my company and my tickets. It doesn't matter what happens with your company, with some hypothetical average company, or any other company.
How often does your company purchase unpublished DL fares?

Originally Posted by fti
I have and I will in the future. I know that is hard for you to accept that it is more common than you think.

It is also hard for you to accept that the "blocks" of consolidator tickets dont exist with reputable consolidators like Pharaoh and I talk about. Again that is your problem.

Just admit it - this change can have an effect on more people than you ever imagined initially. But I am now realizing you are like pbarnette and mumper in thinking that Delta can do no wrong. I am not such a loyalist plus I have extensive experience with consolidator fares over the past years which obviouly you dont.
I never said blocks of consolidator tickets don't exist with reputable consolidators - I have simply said that the majority of corporate TAs don't work with consolidators or unpublished fares that would earn reduced MQMs.

The change will impact many customers; however, a negligible number will be business or corporate customers.

Originally Posted by fti
So just because YOU dont know of any corporate TA that uses consolidator fares means there arent any??? Now that is a strange conclusion.

I can assure you that what Hans is talking about indeed are unpublished fares. You just continue to refuse to accept it for the reason I mentioned above.
I have experience with many TAs, that combined would cover the majority of U.S. corporate spend. I don't see these TAs using the DL consolidator fares that would be eligible for reduced MQMs.

I am open to being correct and would like to hear about examples (and fare basis codes) where posters have booked unpublished DL fares that would be eligible for reduced MQMs.