FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does FT "attitude" drive newbies to blogs?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:55 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by tom911:19144961
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
A # of people are helpful & welcoming to newbies; some are snarky. Sometimes regulars tell the snarky folk to lighten up on the newbies. After all we were all newbies at one point. Some forums are known for being snarky; others are not. Perhaps it's due to size & # of posts.
We're seeing some of the snarkiness on the AA forum. With an influx of UA flyers comped in at EXP, there's some new threads that veteran AA posters think should be added to prior threads on the topic, or not posted at all because the topics are covered in the wiki. You won't see me complaining because I could care less and can just bypass threads I'm not interested in, but it does seem to grab some attention on that forum and compel veterans to offer their comments. Mind you these are not new FTers that are starting these threads, but FTers that have been around for a while and are just new to the AA forum.

Still comes down to moderation. If the moderators see a problem, they deal with it. If you have a complaint about a poster, notify a moderator. If you're not happy there, onto the Community Director. Nothing for the Talk Board to get involved with and I can't see a need for any policy changes.
There have been a couple recent.threads in the AA forum that had.some pretty bad snarkiness to newbie and AA newbie, questions. And a lot of.it dished out by people with "honorary FT titles" (Evangelist, etc) Which should be an embarrassment for FT.

Mods took action, but as a new member, the damage is done since they've seen the responses. No i'm not saying only "specially titled" members are guilty.of it. But ity sure makes.a worse impression ec when it happens.

If someone has their posts deleted our redacted repeatedly, for such rude.posts, I don't know why their name should continue to.have a title like that.