FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does FT "attitude" drive newbies to blogs?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:38 am
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by jaymar01
Moreover, your characterization of posters has absolutely no basis in reality. Almost never do I see posters acting like this. I would be more than happy to randomly select a dozen forums on Flyertalk, and challenge you to find me one poster who prefaces a request for help the way you presented it. It simply does not happen, outside of the very rare instance.
I would think this thread fits tcook052's description quite well: OP's failure to "invest" effort results in lack of responses from FT community. Over the years I've been on FT, I'd seen a fair share of newbies like this.

Are all newbies the same? No, of course not. There are newbies and there are newbies. Some came to FT waiting for spoon-fed info and/or handout; some came well-traveled; while some became quick learners and contributing members.

Are all FTers the same? Of course not. There are FTers and there are FTers. Some are quick tempered while some are gentle souls that always take time answering the same newbies questions over and over.

One thing I am certain. The better questions are asked, the more comprehensive responses are gathered.

Originally Posted by Dovster
TalkBoard has absolutely no involvement in how individuals behave.
What the wise Dov said.