FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International to domestic transit time at JFK (Terminal 4 to Terminal 7)
Old Aug 19, 2012, 1:49 am
nomadic.relief

Sorry to bump an old thread but I've got a question about a transit between those terminals, albeit a slightly different situation ...

Next April I have a flight from YYZ - JFK - JNB. I will be clearing US customs in Toronto, arriving in Terminal 7 at JFK at 9:59am and then need to depart from Terminal 4 for Africa one hour and 15 minutes later at 11:15am. It is a reward booking and was generated by the AE search engine, so it must be a legal connection time, but I didn't even consider having to re-clear security etc., which I presume is necessary. (I am used to flying internationally, where, once you have cleared security, you do not leave again until you've completed your itinerary but I recall running into this problem at LAX and SFO.)

In theory I could just bump my departure a day earlier and have a <24hr stop in NYC (which would be a sweet bonus), but I am one of the lucky people who got in on the long haul SQ fiasco and seeing as my later SQ flights still show as valid, I am loathe to make any changes for fear that the rest of the trip goes sideways. Mind you, if I don't make that connection things will go sideways anyhow!

If it makes an difference at all, I will be travelling on a business ticket and have an AMEX Platinum (gets faster lines at YYZ, but I doubt it will anywhere else).

Last edited by nomadic.relief; Aug 19, 2012 at 12:27 pm Reason: spelling