FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delay due to loading luggage; missed connection
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:59 pm
cmn.jcs

Originally Posted by Often1
You need to be all over UA. They need to reticket and push that ticket to AS. Until you see an actual e-ticket # (not a confirmation #) for AS, you haven't been ticketed and either won't be issued a BP or won't be able to board.

It's a common screw-up by non-alliance carriers and you really need to be all over them to force the reticketing. Ask to stay on hold until they can get back on and confirm that the ticket has been reissued.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, two other pax immediately in front of my dad and sister got the last seats on the AS SFO-SEA flight . Now, once I saw the AS protection in their itinerary online (while they were still in the air), I called UA and asked them to confirm the AS itin. The non-US call center agent said AS and AA weren't willing to give them the seats, but when I spoke with AS directly they said UA just needed to reissue the ticket. I assumed my dad could handle it at the service desk in SFO, but obviously that didn't work. Was the UA agent probably just not taking the right steps to reissuing the ticket?