FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does FT "attitude" drive newbies to blogs?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:32 pm
DHAST

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by justforfun
I think maybe more alarming is FT attitude driving away old time FTers to blogs.

I personally know dozens of FTers who have been around since almost the beginning and who have been a part of the FT community for years, both online and in attending and hosting Dos. Sadly many of them no longer post here because of the attitude encountered in the forums. It's FT's loss, as these are level-headed, professional individuals who lament the direction FT is taking.
Yeah, I have to admit that the blogs provide me a service. But one can tell by my post count that I'm not a die-hard FT'er. I like the fact they bubble up the good stuff into a five-minute scan every day. I like the fact that they tell me about the latest and greatest credit card offers -- it's my mileage bread and butter.

My favorite response to newbies is "do a search." Um, search has been broken for, um, ever since I've been an FT member and that's over 10 years now. The last time I saw someone reply to a newbie with "see what you get when you search?" they provided a link to 5 or so results. The first three had about three posts each, and consisted of the OP asking the question and two more "bumps" searching for Bueller. Nice "welcome to FT" with that one...