FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge availability LAX prior to night Qantas flight?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 4:29 pm
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by barbh2
Are there showers in the one world lounge in the LAX TBIT?

If so, is there typically a long wait?

What amenities (shower caps, towels, soap, toothbrush, etc.) do they supply and are the showers nice?
Yes, of course there are showers, this is QF not AA Actually I cannot think of a single QF-branded international lounge that did not have showers that I've visited (and so do the major domestic lounges such as SYD and MEL). Soap/shampoo/towels are provided in the shower suite, toothbrush, shavers and maybe shower caps can be requested from the attendant and are typically stocked. I don't know the wait time for J showers, for F it has never been any wait the few dozen times that I have used it. The J lounge gets very crowded but most people are eating and using wifi rather than showering. The danger is that if the J lounge reaches capacity (which does happen at times), then Oneworld diverts pax to several other non-Oneworld lounges at TBIT that they contract and those are much less nice lounges (in past years I've been sent to the AF and KE lounges, which no longer exist in the TBIT rebuild).