FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:26 pm
CoopsJC21

After an email to HHonors regarding keeping accounts active this is the reply I received, very helpful I thought. Thankyou Amanda of HHonors.

=================================
Dear Mr. Cooper,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding a points expiration. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Please be advised, points resulting from a Reward Exchange will not keep an account active.

As long as you keep your account active by recording at least one eligible point earning activity every 12 months, your HHonors points will not expire. However, should you go more than 12 months without recording any eligible activity, your account will be deactivated and your accumulated point balance will be forfeited.

I can offer you a one time account extension in order to keep your account active for 12 months. Let us know if we can add the extension to your account as an exception.

To assist you in preventing your account from being deactivated, here are some other easy ways to keep your account active:

> Simply complete an eligible stay at any one of our more than 3,000 Hilton Worldwide hotels at least once every 12 months.

> Earn HHonors points with our partners by renting a car, sending flowers, or shopping at a variety of premier retailers.

> Enroll in a Hilton HHonors sponsored credit card and make purchases to accumulate HHonors points.

> Purchase points online to keep your account open. HHonors point purchases must be made in increments of 1,000 points and every 1,000 points costs US$12.50 ($.0125 per point). Purchase a minimum of 10,000 HHonors points at one time and the cost is reduced to only $.01 per point!

> OWN WITH HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Members enjoy a lifetime of unsurpassed vacations and Silver VIP HHonors membership! Call 1-877-246-2832 today.

For more details including participating retailers and partners, please visit us on-line at www.hiltonhhonors.com.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.