FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:52 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by World-Wide
So the firsts 2 links in post 468 will work, and I can do the 2 browser get both?
Yes. I used the links in Post 468 10 days ago. Both cards in hand now, and 50K offer confirmed.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Why post 141? Why post 468? The current verified working link is maintained in post 1! I have no clue what post 141 or post 468 might have, 99% of poeple here are using the link in post 1 and that's what they're reporting success about. IMHO use links from other posts at your own risk, since the links other posts are generally not kept up to date the way the link in post 1 is.
Since you have no clue on what these 2 posts are, may be you should read them first before jumping all over others?

Before you get all worked up and jumped in to criticize others using links outside post 1, wouldn't it be too much for you to just read the referred posts first so you can at least get an understanding of the "why"?

To be fair, the link in Post 1 is NOT updated as frequently as those in the AA thread. Are you maintaining the update? Obviously you are not. Please see the last date of update of Post 1 - it was Dec 5, 2011 when the link first stopped working and the OP was informed by the poster of Post 141 about the link not working and provided a new link. It even stated the new link was updated from Post 141!

I have followed this thread closely because the HHonor cards are in our plan but we are not ready until August because we have other cards have priority ahead of the Citi HHonor.

I can tell you how the links evolved.

Over the course of this year, it has reported several times the link in Post 1 NOT working from time to time. In fact Post 468 was a direct result of when link in Post 1 reportedly stopped working for a while, then the poster of Post 468 said he had been receiving invitations almost every few weeks and provided the fresh links.

And let me tell you my own experiences using the link in Post 1 - After I filled in all the details and click the continue button - the page refreshed, then instead of giving me a second screen (the screen to verify the data), the page just wiped out all the filled in data and back to a blank form instead of bringing up a new screen. This happened multiple times with different browsers. So I scrapped both apps and then used the links in Post 468 which i have written down as a fall back reference. I used the 2 that expired on June 30, both worked perfectly without glitch.

Seriously, have you actually READ Post 468 before making your post?

Please read Post 468 where michael_v has kindly provided the details of the links and the few posts above his, to understand WHY he made that post.

Finally, if the OP of Post 1 does not maintain the thread (only once), and other posters have pitched in to provide fresh links, we should appreciate the group effort, and not to bash others who use the more updated links.

Just to remind you, this is what Post 1 said - PAY ATTN TO THE LAST SENTENCE - that link is from Post 141! Now at least you know the current link in Post 1 is from Post 141.

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
Got a decent offer today for a 50,000 Citibank Hilton Visa card. No fee, 50k once you spend $1,500 within 6 months. Also, gives silver membership and fast track to gold after 6 stays within 90 days of card membership. I don't think its a targeted offer.

50k $1,500 within 6 months
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...BN3dPJB8bEAPl2
*Updated link (see post #141)

Last edited by Happy; Aug 17, 2012 at 9:21 pm Reason: Add info on exactly what links ued.