FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR-SFO 3 class service?
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:41 am
1KPath

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by unavaca
This was also at a time when inflation-adjusted airfare was many times higher than what it is now. It's not particularly fair to compare pre-deregulation service with the service of today.
Agree completely!

Originally Posted by unavaca
I, for one, am happy to have affordable airfare at the expense of some minor cuts to service.
If I were flying on my own dime and not for business 200,000+ BIS a year, I might agree with you...but as some one who lives a good portion of his life on airplanes I value service and am willing to pay more for it!...and as someone who has flown for nearly 60 years...the cuts to service are certainly not minor!

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I rememer flying IAD-ORD in a UA 747-400 what an interesting flight, 30 seconds after rotation, the FA were springing into action as they had a plane to serve dinner to, it was full, and the last plate was being picked on the final approach into ORD..
I can top that...I remember flying in F from SEA to LAX via SFO on a 747-400 upstairs and having two full multi-course international meals served to me on the flights...on the SFO-LAX segment, they even broke out the caviar! Oh, how have times changed!

Last edited by 1KPath; Aug 17, 2012 at 11:47 am