FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:29 am
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by une

I think you are underestimating what it takes to stay at a Hilton.
Most good Hiltons in Europe require 50K/night. That means you would need 100 redemptions, which cost 22500 Coke points, which would be 7500 caps.
If you were to use 1 account, it would take 63 weeks based on the 120 point/week limit.

I am just trying to point out that these Hilton points can be used to add to a little to one's account, but it seems to be a high order to stay multiple nights.
He's a college kid and most decent Hiltons in Europe are not 50,000 points. Further, there are a number of Hilton properties in the states that he could and should stay at during Spring Break that likely will have availability when the price of the room is exhorbitant.

Finally, the 2 Hiltons in Munich are 35,000 and 40,000 points and they have availability right now for some dates for upcoming Oktoberfest, so don't tell me most Hiltons are 50,000 points in Europe.

It is a very great task, but not an insurmountable task, especially if he and his roommate get the no fee HHonors Amex with the sign up points. Moreover, I bet he could pay for his tuition using a miles or points credit card and nowadays, that is no drop in the bucket.

NJ