FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:16 pm
BigE

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I have to agree that the Wicked Spoon brunch (two per stay) is awesome. If had known how good it was, I might not have mentioned this particular benefit to the wife.

We booked a basic room but got upgraded to a Terrace Studio on the 69th floor (probably 50 floors up, since they seem to skip a lot of floors, including 40-49 out of deference to Chinese guests). The room was quite big, very comfortable, with some nice technology. The view of the Bellagio fountains was brilliant. You cant' really beat this location. VIP check-in (right of the main check-in area) wasn't too bad, even when the regular check-in lines were madness.

We are looking forward to coming back here again. That said, not all was perfect. The AC was working full time, but the temperature rarely got below about 74 (this was August and the daily highs were about 110, though our other hotels had no problem keeping up). They didn't always come to clean the room without being asked. Other times they can when we didn't want it; we didn't have a "do not disturb" sign so, sure enough, knock knock knock at 8:30 AM (in Vegas?). The pools have a party atmosphere, great for meeting people or people watching but not for swimming. Traffic can be atrocious at night, so just getting around the corner can take 20 minutes. The minibar is loaded with their overpriced junk, so mostly useless; it's pressure sensitive, so if you even rattle the door you will see charges on your bill (I did). We arrived around 2:30 and wait until 4 PM for a room. Key cards were a little tricky to use in the elevator, though you'll eventually figure it out. It's a busy hotel, particularly catering to 20- and 30-somethings.