FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding reclassified as voluntary
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:50 pm
shortkidd

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Yeah, that was what I was thinking also--the GA pulled the last person but apparently didn't put anyone on. That sounds like they needed the pounds, not the seat and that makes it a no-compensation case.
Long day of flying yesterday.......so, they did in fact pull me off the flight and gave the seat to someone else. I was originally on a different flight and paid for a flight change because I needed to get to Chicago to get my baggage and grab an AA flight.

EDIT: Both flights yesterday were RJs.

Funny thing is....on the second flight something screwy went on again....My boarding pass wouldn;t be taken by the machine because someone was in the seat already. It looks like they double booked the seat and they had to go onto the flight and pull someone off.

So, I got the short end of the stick on the first flight and someone else got the short end of the stick on the second flight.

Only a few UA reservations left until I switch to a competitor. I personally have never seen it this bad at UA and I think I went through some tough times in the 90s.