FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RANT: BA Experience at T1 to DUB-Shabby!!!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:38 pm
Flying Doctor

Programs: MUCCI
This is very interesting and there are lots of points here.

The first point is to get lounge access consistent. Nicci I am sure will be on this one quickly. In general lounge access is ubiquitous but security can trump any rules and there is no way around this - a good example would be flying F to SYD - you cannot go in the CCR in T5 no matter how hard you try - there is a security risk.

The second is the standard of the lounge. T2 has been demolished and T1 soon will be. There is just no point with BA investing anything in a lounge for 18 months and especially when BA will be trying to move services into T3 to consolidate with OW and T5 for the flights with the most profitable connections. I would be cross if BA did spend a heap of money on revaming a lounge for 18 months as this would increase ticket costs unnecessarily.

However, the food and wine offering can be addressed relatively easily. Again - I do not know what the potential standard of catering that could be offered in T1 is but would have thought that something a bit more like Galleries Club could be offered. This would mean a larger drinks selection and a small buffet counter with sandwiches and maybe a few small quiches and the like. As for a separate GCH area it could only ever be a small roped off area within the lounge which seems pointless - unless you are going to have a substantially different food offering for this area which probably isn't practical.

To keep the peace it might be worth adding champagne into the offering in this lounge just as a token that the internal furnishings of the lounge are not to BA's standard but that BA wants customers to have a relaxing time before their flight.

I think, though, there will be a bit of transition and this won't happen overnight. Given the task of merging the 2 operations I think BA isn't doig a bad job actually.....

FD.