FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated: Type B (VDB) Vouchers Questions [Merged Threads - 2009 and Onward]
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:47 am
vortix

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Question: I have been given a voucher by a friend. It's in his name of course. In the past, I've used ticket-by-mail with no problems ticketing an itin for myself. If I use this link instead for a conversion, will it only convert to an ecert in his name or will I get a chance to put in my name/email info?
Go to the link and click "I don't have a MileagePlus number." You'll either need to provide a MileagePlus number, or provide first name, last name, address, city, state, ZIP. I don't know for sure, but I assume they want the information printed on the paper voucher (first name, last name, MileagePlus number?) to match whatever you provide on that website. Though they won't likely care about matching e-mail addresses, since e-mail addresses change all the time.

If I were you, I would either have your friend fill the form out and provide his e-mail address (after which he can forward the e-mail with e-cert details to you), OR you could fill the form out and provide his information and YOUR e-mail address. The e-certificate that's generated should be able to be used by anyone.