FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RANT: BA Experience at T1 to DUB-Shabby!!!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:02 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I say again, my expectations are not based upon any presumption about what I, as a human being, am entitled to....which is no more than anyone else....they are based upon what I, as a reasonably high rev GCH, (GGL and maybe CCR in the next month or two,) feel is appropriate to the level of loyalty and spend I show BA. This does not include being tossed out on my ear from a J lounge.
Mmmm. You mean they didn't know who you were?! Did you try telling them you'd maybe be CCR in the next month or two?

Also, this is NOT an indictment of the London Room. It was fine. It was the experience of having my options limited that was not acceptable.
So the lounge you had access to was actually fine and not substandard. What you didn't like being told was 'no'. Well, BA reserves the right to vary it's lounge rules, and does so in this case. If refusal offends, it's a good idea to do the research so you are not putting the lounge staff in the position of having to offend you.

If only you'd looked it up (or had flown BD domestically, in which case you'd have known all about this rule - it's been in place for several years now) in advance, you'd not be feeling all offended, hurt and unloved now, the staff would not have had the uncomfortable experience of having to refuse you (and I take it from your comments on here that that may not have gone down well with you) and everyone would be a lot happier.

I tend to agree with others here - there are bigger issues to be sorted out with the takeover. You still have access to a lounge which is "fine" when flying domestically. It will likely be sorted in time. Until that time, don't get so hung up that the fact you are rejected from a lounge somehow means you are less valuable to BA.