FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous Virgin changes to Lounge entry rules - with zero advance notice.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:46 am
IainF

Loss of anytime access

Although losing this benefit could have been handled better, as someone who is a Plat & flies J on VA pretty much exclusively, I have been finding the lounges far too crowded.
The new J/Plat lounges will go a long way to solving this problem thankfully., but I have no problem with anytime access leaving.
Quite frankly, why would I want to spend any more time in a lounge than I have too?
I have a perfectly good home or hotel to be in and spending significant extra periods of time at an airport seem to be fairly unproductive.

I voted with my feet when Qantas started to go downhill, but at this time VA are looking after me.

Sorry OzStamps, but the reality is $25k aint that much of a spend on an airline these days. It's barely 3 x J trips to the USA & a few trips to PER in J.
Actually $25k is only 2 in F to LHR these days.
My wife went past the $75k mark 6 months into this year. She will top out at around $100k for the year, and that is just on VA & SQ.
She is looking at 6000 + Status credits on VA and you know that all she asks for is a gluten free meal which she rarely gets.