FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fidelity Bonus offers for airline miles & hotel points [EXPIRED March 31, 2017]
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:50 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PlanoFlyer
so if you transfer money OUT of Fidelity well BEFORE you sign up for the promo, they apparently do a "look back" and net that out of your inbound transfer. I w/drew a negligible amount (10k) from Fidelity (for another purpose). A week or so later, read about the promo, signed up and transferred 100k in. They only counted it as 90k. Their own rules define net asset value as of close of business eastern time and doesn't mention an arbitrary look back. Sadly, I have had my Fidelity accounts since the 80's! (YES, over 25 years, and this may have me think twice about keeping open after 6 mos).
It has not changed that Fidelity treats new customers far better than those who have stuck around with Fido for decades. It is just sad. It is not like in the 80's and 90's when it was either Fido or Schwab... Over the years Fido's services have gone downhill while other viable competitors have been growing strong. There is no longer much advantage to stick with Fido.