FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need card recommendation
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:55 am
dd14x

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
IMHO, Cap1 is a quasi criminal enterprise ( and I only say quasi to be kind). The very recent 165 million dollars it paid for cheating credit card customers is just the culmination of many years of bad behavior.
That is true (though almost all CC companies are probably guilty of this to some extent or the other)
I haven't banked with them, so unsure about how their customer service is (though the initial pre-sales experience isn't encouraging)

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
On a different point, as has been mentioned above, miles are generally a LOT better than cash back. Perhaps, OP, you should rethink your desires to include some first class flying to, say, Paris?
My wife got to you already???? Sheeeeeeeeeeesh! lol!
Jokes apart, that is a very tempting thought. Even one overseas trip would easily use up a lot of the miles earned in a year. (I assume the miles can be used for my family tickets - not just my tickets <-- yes, this is probably a dumb question - but I've never really had a card for miles yet)

Any suggestions? (preferably a card that will let me book a wider variety of airlines - not just a specific airline)