FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enterprise Rant...
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:54 am
buck3y3nut

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Enterprise Rant...

Ok,
Just wanted to post this for you guys. maybe it's just the location, but this happened to me. My car got hit; therefore when it was in the body shop, nationwide arranged a rental car for me from Enterprise. First things first, I call on a friday (for a monday pick-up at Warren, OH location) and make a reservation. I'm given a reservation number.

Saturday, I get a phone call asking me to call back as they want to know what day & time I'm picking up the car (isn't that something the reservation number would tell them?) Obviously when I call, it's routed to the national call center and they have NO RECORDS of that reservation number. Fair enough, I gave them information one more time and was assured that I would have a car ready for me on Monday.

So on Monday, I call Enterprise's location to come pick me up from the body shop (this is right across the street apparently). and lo behold - NO RESERVATION under my name exists. I just walked across and they assured me they could give me a car. So being that I didn't have an existing reservation, they didn't have a car 'waiting' for me. There were two on the lot, but in their system, it said they were in queue for an oil change. I was asked if I could wait, obviously to which I said, No, as I had to go to work.

So, after a few minutes of shuffling, asking each other questions, they put me in a Chevy Malibu. I asked them if there was an opportunity to get a different one later during the day. They said, sure. They would give me a call by noon, since all of this had happened. So I took the malibu (35k miles; filthy inside; dings / scratches outside) as I had to go to work. While driving, the car pulled to the left and the brakes felt like they were bare minimum. I waited for their phone call and behold. no phone call. I go during my lunch time and they have other cars there, and the two (Optima & a Charger) waiting for an oil change were suddenly available. The guy put me in the Charger (39k miles; Filthy; Stinky; and it said, Oil Change Required). I took that and went back to work. Guess what, no brakes, and the car is pulling to the right... Does enterprise even check their cars? The passenger seat had brown stains on the cloth seats, driver side looked like the previous drivers left their white sweat stains. Absolutely disgusting...

Absolutely pissed at this, after work I went back, and I said, can you please just give me a car that has decent brakes, and is leather that at least looks clean. A gentleman was given a 300 infront of me. and I was given a Jetta (it had vinyl seats). At this point I had given up... So I took it. Guess what: No Brakes; Car is pushing 36k miles... at least it doesn't have that many stains inside.

I think after this experience even if I have to go through insurance, I will surely ask for Hertz (its right next door). Unfortunately there isn't an Avis location, otherwise that's my preferred choice.

3 cars, all poorly maintained; all filthy dirty; all high mileage. I have yet to rent a car from Avis that has more than 5000 miles.

Oh yeah, upon asking this same question casually, the response I got was, 'enterprise likes to keep their cars longer. people think the recession is over, but it isn't. we keep our cars longer, upto 50k miles'.

I just got out of there. I have to keep this car for a week and honestly I don't even feel safe driving it as the brakes barely work. and I feel I will be a pest taking the car back to them again and again...

Thoughts??? (RANT OVER)