FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Harbor Beach Resort - Fort Lauderdale, FL [Master Thread]
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:19 pm
markzz2

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
I am at the Harbor Beach now, and I did not get an upgrade. In fact I have stayed here at least once every year since 1986 and sometimes up to three times a year, always for more than 4 nights each stay.

I only once have got a suite, the Windjammer, which was quite nice but not one of the corner ones which I would love to see.

I generally prefer the Pool/Ocean View rooms which are on the side of the hotel as you can see the Beach, Pool area, and get a great view of the Ships leaving Port Everglades from your balcony. The Ocean View rooms in my opinion have a less interesting view of just the water.

In the past Elites were offered breakfast but this was taken away long ago. Then up to this stay they gave you some cards for free movies/internet/spa access and appetisers in the Sea Level Restaurant. This time I got nothing.

So aside of the 500 bonus points I have had no Elite benefits at this Hotel for this stay. And I was upset to hear the people next to me at check-in discussing a previously arranged upgrade to a suite (ok, I have no idea of the circumstances so I should not be upset, but I was anyway!).

It is a lovely resort Hotel, and I will continue to come back. Will I complain about the lack of benefits, you bet. More than 25 years loyalty at this hotel and they can't even offer you a breakfast voucher (and the rate is $300 a night plus $25 a day for parking!).

It is time Marriott listened to us and did something about the silly inconsistent breakfast issue. (Rant over)

Oh, do not expect to get any special treatment as an Elite member and you will have a great time at this hotel!