FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bait and Switch on Award Accelerator?
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:04 am
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by craz
I see it as no different then when say Orbitz shows a fare and when you click onto it you get the message the fare has changed..... and now its more expensive .yet no matter how many times I go back and still see the cheaper fare I cant purchase the tkt for that lower amount

I dont think its B&S just a glitch among 1000s of others. To me it seems if you want to purchase it you will have to cough up the higher amount they want, no different with Orbitz I can stand on my head till I turn Blue, Orbitz isnt going to sell me the tkt for the lower price they showed before I clicked onto it
No no. You can and do get the lower "advertised" rate. I have no idea why the price doubles when you put in your number but you for sure get the original price offered once you re load

Originally Posted by stanscan
You are right, a reload of the page does bring back the original pricing, BUT when I follow the procedures and move to the next page to enter my credit card info, the "new" higher pricing is shown. I tried this several times with different combinations (only my number, only my wife's number, first mine then hers and vice versa) and the same thing happens: when I click on "Add more miles for $321" , the higher $504 price is shown on the purchase confirmation page.

What's the best way to proceed from here?
If you call MP from your computer they will complete the purchase for you (w tech support - it takes a half hour

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 10, 2012 at 10:54 am Reason: merge